Wednesday 11 September 2013

The Slayer by Cindy Dees


The Slayer by Cindy Dees
is part of the Time Raiders series for Mills and Boon Nocture line.

I looked forward to reading this novel, the back blurb of which, indicated the main character would time travel back to the Persian Empire and Ancient Greece. In general, I tend to be disappointed that there isn't enough historical details in many historical romances, but this novel kept my interest so well that even if there hadn't been enough historical detail I would maybe not have noticed the lack.

However, Cindy Dees' writing is so well done that plenty of historical details mesh with the modern in this time travel, the sci-fi fantasy/magical elements also well incorporated. 

The plot is fast paced, the story interesting and enjoyable. Prince Rustam is a character I'd love to see in the 'flesh'- enough said! Tessa is fiesty enough, but not quite so appealing to me.

(I did wonder where Cindy Dees got the name Rustam from. Sohrab and Rustum, a poem by Matthew Arnold, is the nearest I've ever heard to that name. If she names a character in a follow on novel to The Slayer as a version of Sohrab, then I'll hve my answer.)

I didn't buy this novel from Amazon so my thoughts are posted only on this blog.

I give it a strong 4 and a half stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment